Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

What are the causes for black tooth?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1011 Questions
My sons front baby tooth was pink but now it is turning purple almost black. What is happening ?
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Decayed tooth Detailed Answer: Hello and welcome. Thanks for sharing your concern. As per the reports posted here and the given history suggest that there is decayed front teeth.Change in co lour is due to bacterial products and enamel(outer covering of teeth)being light co loured in children, it is reflected. There is nothing to worry, it requires mere cleaning and restoring with tooth co loured restorative(filling) material.No extensive treatment required. Therefore please see your dentist soon in this regard.Also take a small x ray to see the permanent tooth bud lying underneath. Remember, this tooth cannot be extracted presently,as it is a space maintainer for the permanent bud lying underneath. Hope I have given detail answers.For further query please let me know. Thanks. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor