What are the best sources for probiotics and prebiotics?

Dr. V. N. S. Parinam

Posted on Fri, 3 Feb 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: whats a good prebiotic and probiotic supplement?
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can make probiotics at home. I do not prefer any brand/make

Detailed Answer:

Let me try to address your issues in simple terms. While I do not prefer any brand or make I would inform you this.
Probiotics are beneficial bacteria found in certain foods or supplements. Prebiotics are types of carbos esp fiber that feed the friendly bacteria in the digestive system of human (other mammals as well). So these gut friendly bacteria provide important nutrition to the cells lining your digestive tract. Since prebiotics are types of fiber that humans cannot digest, but your gut bacteria can e.g Legumes, beans and peas, Oats, Bananas, Berries, Garlic, support digestion and immune function.
Probiotics are foods can be made at home or purchased at a grocery store, e.g yoghurt. These are mainly fermented foods like pickles. I would prefer to ferment foods at home and have it. Probiotic supplements are designed to deliver very specific species of bacteria to the human gut and not all the probiotics in store are good. Beaware if you have SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth) you should not take these.

In case you are not able to make at home, you can buy any leading brand available at pharmacy like Dr. Ohirra's probiotics