What are the benefits of progesterone pills during pregnancy?
My 4th Iui was done on 18th of this month..but I have period today..this 4 th cycle also failed...After iui I am asked to progesterone sustained tablets for 10 days...but on every occasion on 11th day after iui of taking it I have my period..is this medicine good for conceiving or due to this period is coming..
This progesterone medicine is good and is helpful in pregnancy.
If you are not pregnant you will get periods after stopping it.
There is nothing to worry about this medicine. Please continue taking it as prescribed.
Let me know if you have any more doubts.
Dr. Mahesh Koregol
I hv already period. .
1.even though mine n my husband's parameter are good, I am not able to conceive. Though iui has less chance still why I am not getting pregnant. ..we are having intercourse also after iui...
2. Sir wht about my egg quality? Why it is not getting fertilized after iui?
3. Is there any problem in my reproductive system?
4. What kind of suggestions u give me as a doctor?
5. Shall ivf is d only option left with me?
6. How many times I can do ivf?
7. What will I do if ivf also fails?
Sir plz answer all queries. .I am very disappointed n frustrated. .
IVF is better option
Unexplained infertility is when you dont conceive though everything is normal.
IUI is a good option. But success rate is around 20 % at the maximum. If you don't conceive totally in 3 IUI cycles, it is better to go ahead with IVF.
Egg quality and whether fertilisation is occurring or not is difficult to predict as they can only be seen under microscope during IVF procedure.
I prefer you go ahead with IVF procedure.
IVF is best option after IUI. There is no limit for the IVF. You can do as many times as you like.
Let me know if you need any help. I will be happy to answer all your questions as I understand your anxiety.
Egg quality not related to follicle size
This means the follicles are growing well. But this does not mean quality of eggs is good.
Eggs can only be seen under microscope during IVF.
Hence egg quality cannot be predicted by just good size follicles.
Let me know if you need anymore help.
1.Can poor egg quality be treated n improved
2.Secondly can it be a reason for non fertilization
3.What is d reason for poor egg quality
4.Is there any test to know egg quality
Egg quality can be checked under a microscope only
I never said your egg quality was poor. Egg quality can only be assessed after removing them out of follicle during IVF and checking under microscope.
If egg quality is very bad then it is difficult to improve. No medicines can change egg quality and it can be a reason for non fertilisation.
You dont seem to have poor egg quality.
Let me know if you have any more questions.
Feel free to contact me directly on my following link by pasting it in your browser:
Dr. Mahesh Koregol.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Role of progesterone during pregnancy
- Taking progesterone pills during pregnancy
- Is progesterone safe during pregnancy
- Oral progesterone during pregnancy
- Progesterone suppositories during pregnancy
- Progesterone shots during pregnancy
- Low progesterone during pregnancy
- Why progesterone during pregnancy
- Effects of progesterone during pregnancy
- Progesterone supplements during pregnancy