What are the anatomical alterations for Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome?
Hi, thanks for using Healthcaremagic.
I went through your query and understood your concerns.
Immunohistochemistry analysis has shown that viral antigens are distributed primarily within the endothelium of vessels in the pulmonary microvasculature.
Functional impairment of vascular endothelium is central to the pathogenesis of HPS. antigens in heart do cause myocardial depression. Antigens in endothelium attract many inflammatory cells. Resulting in increased permeability of vessels with extravasation on fluid in pulmonary system,
Hope I answered your query. Feel free to ask further related query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pulmonary infarction syndrome causes
- Pulmonary orthostatic tachycardia syndrome
- Symptoms of Pulmonary infarction syndrome
- Diagnosis of Pulmonary infarction syndrome
- What is the hantavirus
- What organs do hantavirus affect
- Stickler syndrome and pulmonary fibrosis
- Hantavirus misconceptions
- Cure for hantavirus
- Hantavirus infections