Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

What are the alternatives to Microgynan ED?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
Hi i am new to canada and not yet eligible for health insurance. I need a prescription for contraceptive pills that i am currently using which is running out. It is called Microgynan ED. Can i get a prescription to buy some or at least can you suggest and prescribe one which is similiar??? thank you. And one which is cost effective. thanks
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer....given below Detailed answer.... Hello, Thanks for the query. MICROGYNON ED contains LEVONORGESTETOL .15 mg and ETHYNLESTRADIOL .03 mg. There are plenty of similar products having same constituents which are available in CANADA which you can buy. These are .... ALESSE MINI-OVRAL TRIQUILAR TRIPHASIL Since online doctors are prohibited from issuing any prescription,you would have to either go to pharmacy to look for any of these products if available as OTC product or you have to procure a prescription by consulting a local doctor. I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query. Best of luck Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor