What are the after-effects of multiple abortions done within 2 years?

Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha

Nephrologist

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: I have undergone medical termination of the pregnancy last month on 16th. Now again I got conceived. The foetal age is 17-20 days. Can I undergo for termination again? Is it safe for my health? This is the 4th time of abortion from past 2 yearss
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be terminated

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the query

It is ok to undergo medical termination of pregnancy, if it is done by a specialist then it is relatively safe.

I recommend you to use contraception to avoid pregnancies and repeated abortions in the future
The options you have are
1. Condoms
2. Oral contraceptive pills
3. Copper T
4. Depo injections

If you want a permanent solution then you can undergo tubectomy. I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 55 minutes later
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 23 hours later
Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:
Hello

I am happy I was of help. Please get back to me anytime for further queries