What are the after effects of a pacemaker implantation?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Fri, 6 Nov 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I have a heart valve 10 years ago.It is buldgeing.I also have another valve recently diaganosed that is leaking.A pacemaker was installed 10 years ago.What are symtons to be concerned about?

What symntons should I be aware of ? I have recently diagnosed heart valve leaking and an older valve replaced 10 years ago that is buldgeing and a pacemaker also installed 10 years ago?

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Shortness of breath and fainting(passing out).

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about these leaking and bulging valves that you have reported. I have reviewed this information fully and the symptoms to be concerned about are shortness of breath, feeling of passing out and swelling of lower limbs. The most feared complication of valves disease is heart failure and as such putting an eye on possible symptoms of heart failure is very important. On another note, it will be very important to also listen and report any abnormal beats that you may witness.

Are you on any drugs at this time to prevent blood clots?

I hope this helps. I wish you well and thank you so much for using our services. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.