question-icon

What are the after effects of Vitamin D deficiency?

Posted on Sat, 7 May 2016
Question: Does vitamin d deficiency cause short term m problems?
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James (36 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
can effect episodic memory and executive function

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Vitamin D deficiency has been shown to be associated with faster decline in episodic memory (memories of previous autobiographical events/emotions) and executive function (mental ability to focus/pay attention, plan, remember and carry out instructions, get through daily tasks , reason and problem solve)

This was found in a medical study which was released in 2015, can provide the name if you wish.

It is not specifically linked to short term memory but it is possible that it may affect this as well

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Dr. Michelle Gibson James