What are the after effects of Eslo overdose?
Early treatment improves survival...
It unfortunate to know your friend took this drastic step. Eslo (amlodipine) is a drug used to treat high blood pressure. It's an agent that blocks calcium actions on blood vessels leading to dilatation of blood vessels and low BP. The effects of the drug gradually decline by half over 24 hours and become insignificant in 3-4 days if there are no more doses of amlodipine / antihypertensives. It is quite difficult to predict survival chances or its implications in health during the first couple of days.
However in this context if your friend was hospitalised and resuscitation measures were started early, chances of improvements are relatively better Further more there are very few incidences of fatality caused by amlodipine (unlike other cardiovascular drugs) when intensive care treatment and monitoring is administered quickly.
Assuming he is under good intensive care, I would keep his survival chances positive.
Hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need clarifications.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the effect of overdose of temazepam
- What is the effect of overdose of colicaid
- After effects of overdose
- What is effect of disprin overdose
- What are the effects of an overdose of microgynon
- What effect overdose betnesol tablet
- After effects of paracetamol overdose
- What are effects of overdose of tylenol pm
- What are the side effects of biotin overdose
- What are effects of zedex overdose
- Random body aches. Is this the symptoms of flu?
- What is the difference between functional dyspepsia and appendicitis?
- Having spondylisthesis, DDD, facet artropathy, bulging discs. Taking...
- Addicted to tobacco. Tried nicotex chewing gum. Unable to open mouth and...
- Is amitriptyline safe medicine for polymyalgia? What are the affect of...
- Recommended amino acids and proteins after workout. How much protein...
- Diabetic. Have hepatic encephalopathy. Treated with lactulose. Should I...
- Looking best medicine for urinary tract infection
- Had shoulder injury. Hurts to lift arm and having burning sensation on...
- Bruise appeared on thigh after scratching. Hurts to touch. Why is this...