What are the after effects of Eslo overdose?
Decreased blood pressure, increased pulse, breathing difficulties are some
Hello, I am Dr. Mody and I will be addressing your concern .
Eslo is the most commonly used anti hypertensive medication and it contains amlodipine. Most preparation contains 5 me tab .
Consideri your age I presume it's accidental over dosage . If you have taken more than 10 mg. I would request you to go to a nearby hospital and consider close monitoring and treatment .
As amlodipine is a long acting medication prolonged monitoring for 48 hours is recommended.
Priority is to decrease the amount to ingested tabs to be absorbed. So charcoal tables , gastric lavage is to be done at earliest
1) As it's used for treating hypertension. The most important problem with overdose is decrease in blood pressure . Keep monitoring the same and report if it stays below 100 mm systolic (upper pressure) and there will be reflex tachycardia ( high pulse rate more than 100 / min )
Fluid replacement and sos inotropic support is required in a hospital setting
2) keep a track on ionic calcium / abg . Decrease calcium and metabolic acidosis is to look for
3) if any breathing difficulty , consider pulmonary edema and immediate medical attention to be sought.
Let me know how many tabs have been consumed , any other tabs along with it and I in this case it's always better to be safe than sorry , so consult a nearby hospital .
Let me know if any help required.
Regards Dr Priyank Mody
Be reassured , your friend will be saved for sure with optimum medical mana
As I start I would like to reassure you not to worry .
As your friend is already in a hospital, he / she would be getting proper medical care .
Two important aspects of treatment is
1) trying to decrease as much absorption as possible
2) supportive treatment as there is no definitive antidote for amlodipine, and fluids , inotropic to increase blood pressure, calcium glucose , glucagon if available, diuretics is pulmonary edema sos ventilation and maintenance of vitals will be the key in next 48 hours .
However in a properly equipped hospital I don't forsee death if no other risk factors . They should be able to wean of the patient with 100 % success rate in such young patient.
Regards Dr Priyank Mody, XXXXXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the effect of overdose of temazepam
- What is the effect of overdose of colicaid
- After effects of overdose
- What is effect of disprin overdose
- What are the effects of an overdose of microgynon
- What effect overdose betnesol tablet
- After effects of paracetamol overdose
- What are effects of overdose of tylenol pm
- What are the side effects of biotin overdose
- What are effects of zedex overdose