What are the adverse effects of tetanus vaccine?
Most unlikely to be side effect of tetanus vaccine
Welcome to health care magic,
I have gone through your query and I understand your concern regarding adverse effects of a tetanus shot.
Based on the details mentioned in your query, it is unlikely that symptoms you are having are due to any adverse effects of tetanus vaccine.
Tetanus vaccine side effects can be categorized as common and uncommon side effects.
Common side effects include local reactions like redness and swelling at the site of the shot which usually heals within a day or two.
Very very rare side effects could be very high fever, loss of consciousness and seizures which is seen only in children.
Side effects in adults are so rare, it is hard to tell if they are caused by the vaccine.
I would suggest a detailed examination by a neurologist to rule out other causes of this pain and numbness.
I hope I have helped you with this answer,
Please get back if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Tetanus vaccine side effects jaw stiffness
- Tetanus vaccine and shortness of breath
- Is abdominal pain side effect to tetanus vaccine
- Tetanus vaccine side effects insomnia
- Tetanus vaccination side effects red dots
- What is a tetanus vaccine
- Effects of anti tetanus vaccines for pregnant
- Tetanus vaccine overdose
- Side effect of Tetanus vaccine
- Tetanus vaccine and colitis