What are the adverse effects of ear piercing?
It is possible. There are options.
Thank you for your query.
1. An EMLA / Prilox cream or patch can be applied a couple of hours before the piercing.
2. Local anaesthetic injections require the initial pain of the injection to be endured.An ENT Specialist will require elaborate preparations and a longer procedure. Any nearby ENT Specialist/ Centre/ Hospital will be fine.
3. If it is single piercing, the local jeweller will be better. They use a sharpened pure gold wire which is the fast and does not require handling. Use an antibiotic cream (such as Soframicin/ T-bact/ Nadoxin)after the piercing and gently rotate the earring to ensure that the ointment traverses the piercing.
4. The ear piercing gun (such as Caflon) can be painless, however many people get pain and swelling later.
5. You can take an OTC painkiller (such as Combiflam, if not a renal patient or an asthmatic) a couple of hours before the piercing (after a meal) and continue the tablet for 3 days (up to three times a day) as required.
I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any more questions I will be available to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are side effects of oxyelite pro ringing in the ear
- Can ear piercings effect heart reperaments
- Pierced ears purple spots behind ears
- Ear keloids from ear piercings
- Ear piercing sore lump behind ear
- Red ear on toddler after ear piercing
- Infection after ear piercing what can be done
- Impetigo behind ear ear piercing
- Has ear discharge and ear pain what to do
- What is the side effect of ear drum surgery