What are the advantages and disadvantages of coconut and olive oil?

Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain

Posted on Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I would like to know which one is better for skin health and to make it glow since I am using coconut oil and olives oil in steam room, would you mind please pointing out the advantages and disadvantages of both?

both are extra version.
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Both are good, coco faster results

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

It is important to note that these are both good natural products, well adapted to the skin and appreciated by many with many positive results. There is a peculiarity with regards to products that act on the skin. One might need to be patient on one product for a couple of months or more to appreciate the impact. Secondly, skin products are very person sensitive. Results obtained by one person would not be obtained by another person in exactly the same degree and timing.

In my experience with natural products, coconut oil, has actually never failed me. It might require sometime to produce effects in some persons. But when used appropriately and consistently, the results are very spectacular.

Olive oil is as well good. The impact of olive oil on other structures of the body are well known and described. The skin effects of olive oil is also well documented. However, they might require more long term use compared to coconut before producing same results.

Both oils are good. Results with coco are faster compared to olives. Both however are person specific and might require even up to four months under regular use to appreciate their effects. Kind regards

Dr Bain
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 3 days later
Would the result be different if I used organic coconut oil instead of extra version coconut oil and what health benefits will coconut oil add to the skin and how often should I use it, will it be enough using it in steam room 4-5 days a week between 2-7 minutes?
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
All are effective, prefer organic subtsances

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the update,

Organic coconut oil is more preferable and effective. The oil contains Vitamin A, softens the skin. Using it daily for a period of three months continuously would for sure produce good results. With or without the use of a steam room, used effectively and continuously, coconut oil is effective. Even without being in a steam room, persons have obtained results with appropriate use of coconut oil.

Kind regards,

Dr Bain
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 14 hours later
It's strange for someone to say that organic is better than extra, mind showing your reasons or evidences?
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Skin sensitivity and drug toxicity differences

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the update,

Most extra products would have substances that at some point would be toxic to the skin.

Organic products are milder and do have less toxic substances to the skin. Considering the fact that these skin drugs need sometime to be applied to be applied for effects to be really skin, certain reactive/sensitive skins would react more to inorganic than organic lotions.

Thanks and kind regards,

Dr Bain
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D