question-icon

What are the OTC medications for cough, cold and chest pain?

Posted on Tue, 21 Aug 2018
Question: I need a refill for benzonatate for severed cough. Can I get this refilled? I usually go to the clinic at utmb.

I need an answer asap.
Answered by Dr. Jnikolla (46 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
More info please

Detailed Answer:

Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

I can understand your concern but can you provide more info about your diagnosis of the cough , i mean what is the cause of the severe cough in order i can help you more and correctly?

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Jnikolla (3 hours later)
I think I have the flu or a severe cold. It hurts my chest to cough, very congested.
Answered by Dr. Jnikolla (10 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Continue discussion.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again.

If you think that the situation is serious it would be better for you to be examined and to get medical help probably a chest X Ray is needed.

If not than usually we don't recommend the medication against the cough with secretions. You can use paracetamol or ibrufen for some days.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. Jnikolla, Pulmonologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Jnikolla

Pulmonologist