What are the Fentanyl withdrawal symptoms?
and it depends entirely on quite a lot of other situations. In the context of terminal cancer, typical treatment would be both a long acting agent such as fentanyl and ultra short acting narcotics such as liquid morphine. What would not be typical at all would be to decrease narcotics in the context of severe cancer pain.
Often, other medications to reduce anxiety and/or decrease side effects of narcotics would be used in combination such as benzodiazepines and/or phenothiazines. These are frankly dangerous to use with narcotics; in a terminal illness/hospice context this would not be the priority as much as "comfort measures".
In an addiction setting the context would be totally opposite.
In a chronic pain context, the main thing would be to increase ability to move. This would involve narcotics, physical therapy, and quite a lot of other modalities.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the withdrawal symptoms of phenobarbital
- What helps sertraline withdrawal symptoms
- What are the withdrawal symptoms of norco
- Fentanyl patch withdrawal symptoms
- Fentanyl withdrawal symptoms
- What are the withdrawal symptoms for neurotin
- What are the withdrawal symptoms of adderall
- What are sertraline withdrawal symptoms
- What are withdrawal symptoms
- What are the withdrawal symptoms of femulen