What are symptoms of transient ischemic attacks?
just wanted to know if this could be a XXXXXXX stroke or a blood clot
It is not mini-stroke
I am Dr. Prakash HM and I would like to answer you query.
Looking at your history, I am of the opinion that it is not mini-stroke (Transient ischemic attack- TIA) or a blood clot (same)
With your history, it has only one thing in common - it is abrupt, and without warning and it has occurred rapidly and recovery should occur within minutes (maximum it should occur within 24 hours) - There is no sign of any neurological deficits. (If you have any, do mention it)
In Transient ischemic attacks, loss of motor or sensory function is seen (eg: weakness, numbness, vertigo, diplopia, blurring of vision, dysphasia etc.) is seen.
If you were in lying position and on phone and you were tired, you could have gone to sleep (it happens commonly). You need to take adequate rest. If it happens again and if you find any neurological deficits, then you need to consult your neurologist.
However, I can suggest you a few things:
1. Weight control within normal range
2. Controlling Diabetes mellitus, hyperlipedimia and hypertension
3. Maintain a regular physical activity
4. Cigarette smoking if any should be stopped
5. Foremost avoid stress and take adequate rest. Try to maintain good sleep timings.
Hope it helps.
Any further queries, happy to help you again.
Dr. Prakash HM
Try to destress and take nutritional supplements
Good to know, you do not smoke.
You need to reduce stress and you can follow few techniques like:
2. Deep breathing during stress period
3. Warm water bath
4. Reach out to friends or family
5. Get moving - try any exercise like walking, yoga etc.
6. Take a break from whatever you are doing.
At this age, stress is not good. Do try a few things.
If you are tired most of the times, you need to change a few things.
1. Sleeping habit - Have a regular sleeping time.
2. Avoid junk foods and concentrate more on nutritious foods - will take time, but you will definitely feel it
3. Weight control - Try to get into normal body mass index.
4. Fiber rich diet to remove toxins from body
5. Drink plenty of water to feel hydrated. Dehydration always makes you feel weak.
6. Check you hemoglobin levels. If it is lower than 12.5g%, you might require supplements.
7. Take multivitamin and mineral supplements
Hope it helps.
Any further queries, happy to help again.
Dr. Prakash HM
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Acute ischemic stroke symptoms
- What are the symptoms of transient ischemic attack ?
- Ischemic rest pain symptoms
- Symptoms like transient ischemic attack
- Symptoms of ischemic heart disease
- Ischemic kidney disease symptoms
- Transient ischemic attack symptoms
- Symptoms of ischemic cardiovascular incident
- Transient ischemic attack symptoms emedicine neurology
- Symptoms of chronic ischemic leukoencephalopathy