What are symptoms of polymyalgia rheumatica?
It is diagnosis of exclusion
Polymyalgia Rheumatica is a diagnosis of exclusion. In this there is generalised body ache, joint pain. Patients complain of early morning stiffness. There is no specific test. So when all other disease like rheumatoid arthritis or ankylosing arthritis, are rule out than we should think of Polymyalgia Rheumatica.
Treatment is low dose steroids.
As far as second part of your questions, please let me know in detail what you want to know?
You do not need to take Prednisone for long time
You do not need to take Prednisone for long time. It should be taken whenever needed. Also you can take Pregabalin M tablet in night time. Some patients may be benefited from Amytryptlin. Also regular calcium and vitamin D3 is helpful.Let me know if there is any other followup questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes intense itching when suffering from polymyalgia rheumatica
- Polymyalgia rheumatica cardiomyopathy related
- Polymyalgia rheumatica spasms
- Troponin in polymyalgia rheumatica
- Symptoms of polymyalgia rheumatica
- Polymyalgia rheumatica dilated cardiomyopathy
- Early symptoms of polymyalgia rheumatica
- Imbalance instability have polymyalgia rheumatica what can be done
- Polymyalgia rheumatica during pregnancy
- Polymyalgia rheumatica cardiomyopathy