What are symptoms of pernicious anemia?
Not probably pernicious anemia.
Thanks for asking.
I am Dr. Jyothi BL and I will be answering your query.
Based on your query, my opinion is as follows.
1. Pernicious anemia possibility is low. Even though it is common in females, a sudden presentation along with other vitamin deficiencies is rare and indicates possible malnutrition (poor quality of food intake). It can be evaluated after taking Vit B12 orally for two weeks and then repeating a reticulocyte count.
2. 11.3g% is good for the age and sex. It is very mild anemia.
3. Peripheral smear would suggest macrocytic normochromic anemia and hemogram would show increased MCV with normal to increased MCH. If these are present, Vit B12 deficiency is possible. However for pernicious anemia, antibody studies are necessary and I think, it is not required now.
4. Take multivitamin supplements and along with it Vit B12 specific supplement also. You should improve within two weeks. Anemia is probably leading to fatigue and Vit B12 deficiency is known to affect memory.
5. Take nutritional diet with low salt and also do moderate exercises. Reduction of weight is important to reduce blood pressure.
Do not worry about pernicious anemia at present. Its possibility is low. Take oral Vit B12 and add fish, egg white, beans and red meat to diet. Overall improvement can be noted within two weeks.
Hope it helps.
Any further queries, happy to help again.
Dr. Jyothi BL
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pernicious anemia hair breakage
- Pernicious anemia symptoms small red dots skin
- Megaloblastic anemia and pernicious anemia
- Pernicious anemia symptoms and signs
- Pernicious anemia sed rates
- Pernicious anemia symptoms sore throat
- Stomach ache and pernicious anemia
- Nursing care of pernicious anemia
- What causes pernicious anemia
- Symptoms of pernicious anemia
- What does raised WBC counts with increase in neutrophils indicate?
- What causes high platelet count and high white cell count?
- What is immune thrombocytopenic purpura?
- Is anti-angiogenesis therapy safe to have to prevent cancer growth?
- Why is O+ blood type the most common blood type?
- Does myelodysplastic syndromes have anything related to lymphedema?
- What does eosinophil level of 2.3 indicate?
- What medications test positive for cocaine on a drug screening test?
- What does blood count of 118 indicate?
- What does raised GGT level indicate?