What are symptoms of peptic ulcer?

Dr. Prasad

Posted on Fri, 30 May 2014 in General Health
Question: What are symptoms of peptic ulcer ??
I am suffering from heart burn,acidity often nowadays. I consulted a local doctor and he briefed me about peptic ulcer. However these heartburn and acidity are not regular , i feel them 2-3 days a week
What all food should i avoid to control the situation if it is peptic ulcer ?
Answered by Dr. Prasad 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Regular and low spicy food....

Detailed Answer:

Avoid all spices. Restrict beverages. Prefer to eat frequent small quantity meal and never skip meals.

Besides these dietary changes, it is essential that you sleep adequately. Maintain weight in ideal limits. Start exercise. Stop alcohol and smoking if any.

These changes will prevent recurrence of peptic ulcer.

It is also worthwhile to see a gastroenterologist and rule out H.pylori infections.

Hope this helps.