What are symptoms of mosquito bites?
I brought my son to a cottage in the woods and there was plenty of bugs and Mosquitos. My almost 3 year old son has a lot of bites on the face legs arms and hand, even in the palm of the hand. I gave him some Benadryl. I am worried that it could be either mites from rodents or bed bugs and that I could have brought some back. How can I be sure that its Mosquito bites?
Monitor them..more consistent with mosquito bites!
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about what happened to your son. The picture speaks for itself and the bites seem so many.
The distribution of these bite spots is more consistent with mosquito bites as they are on areas of the body that are hard to reach by bugs and rodents unless he was sleeping on the ground in the forest. Whatever the cause maybe, bites require no specific attention except they become complicated. In this light, benadry would help control the symptoms of swelling and itches. Should anything more concerning like pain, draining fluid, increasing redness and warmth, please seek a medical consultation as this could signify an ongoing complication that warrants specific care
I hope this helps. I wish your daughter well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Thank you so much for using our services.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Mosquito bite tight bandaid had blisters irritated what to do
- Have swollen mosquito bite on leg what to do
- Mosquito bite cough
- What is the best way to bring down swelling from a mosquito bite
- Symptoms of mosquito bite allergy
- What does it mean when mosquito bites have white heads
- Have swollen eyelid after mosquito bite what to do
- What do you do when a mosquito bites your ball sack
- What caused sudden vertigo mosquito bite marks and dizziness
- Itches like mosquito bites what are the bumps