What are symptoms of melanoma?

Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
yesterday i had an appointment with my dermatologist he removed three moles that he didn't like and neither did I . these were actually moles that i used your service to evaluate their appearance via high resolution pictures. My dermatologist told me they weren't cancerous based on their appearance but wanted them removed as they probably didn't fit thebapperance of my other moles. I've attached the pictures of the ones he removed. do you agree with his visual assessment of being atypical/displastic moles and definitely not melanoma? he has sent them to be biopsied to see what degree of atypism they are. it Still makes me anxious that there is a possibility they could be cancerous melanoma. would a dermatologist tell me they werent cancerous if thought there was a possibility that they could be? these moles have been stable and have been on me for a long time and less than 6mm. please review the attached pictures. thank you for your time.
Posted Sun, 10 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
please attach photos again

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Don't be anxious. Your dermatologist must have examined it properly.
Sometimes moles are just removed for cosmetic appearance.
I could not find any attached photograph.
Can you please upload it again.
There is an option to upload photos on right side of query page. Please utilize that.
Waiting for your response.
Thank you

Follow-up: What are symptoms of melanoma? 18 minutes later
I have uploaded the high resolution pictures. He removed the mole because of their atypical appearance compared to the other moles on my body. He did reiterate a couple times that they weren't cancerous but could not comment on what degree of atypism/dysplaysia that they are at. He did not use a dermoscope but knew right away what he wanted to remove and was reassuring a couple of time that they were not melanoma. I have about a week wait to hear about the pathology reports. Just anxious and worried that maybe the dermatologist was over confident. Then again, I don't think a dermatologist would go out of their way to reassure a patient that something isnt cancerous if he had any doubts

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
these don't appear like melanoma

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the photographs.
These moles were very small.
It cannot be melanoma.
Melanoma appears as hard indurated and bleeding.
You don't need to worry at all.
Just relax.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you