What are small white bumps on penis?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
hi recently noticed small white bumps on my penis and wondering what they are
Posted Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to Fordcey spots

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query,based on the facts and photograph that you have posted it appears that you have multiple Fordcey spots over shaft of the penis.

The scrotal skin is rich in sebaceous glands and hence prone to get more sebaceous cyst due to accumulation of sebum beneath the skin.

Normally they fade away without treatment however they need to be treated if increase in size or get infected.

Please consult qualified General Surgeon for clinical evaluation and further treatment.
If needed some of them which are bigger may need to get excised in Toto (Completely along with the sac)

You need to take broad spectrum antibiotic like Cefexine along with anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily.

Ensure to wash your genitals with warm water twice daily.

It should get cured within a week.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,
I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.