What are nuclear stress test preparation instructions?
Yes, fasting is necessary for the procedure.
Yes, fasting is necessary for nuclear treadmill test. This is advised to counter aspiration if there is vomiting during or after administration of injection.
You may be asked not to eat or drink after midnight. However you can take few sips of water if it is necessary.
Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Prep for nuclear stress test
- Positive nuclear stress test
- Nuclear stress test coughing
- Nuclear stress test abnormal
- Dextrocardia and nuclear stress test
- Is nuclear stress test painful
- Nuclear stress test frequency
- Nuclear stress test interpretation
- Dangers of nuclear stress test
- Length of nuclear stress test