question-icon

What are night sweats a sign of?

Posted on Fri, 20 Jul 2018
Question: recently I am experiencing sweats at night. in midnight when I go to washroom I notice that my shirt is wet with sweat.
KINDLY inform is it some indication of disease. what tests can I undergo for diagnosis.

Regards XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Any inflammation running in your body can be the reason.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir

Thank you for asking HCM

I have gone through your query with diligence. Night sweats can be due to infection or inflammation or infection. Other possibility is low levels of testosterone.
Sinusitis or chronic pharyngitis or tonsillitis also can give such symptoms. Better to do a blood routine examination C reactive protein and testosterone levels in blood.
Taking vitamin C and anti oxidants daily is good also.

Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Nishad BN