What are Ubi-Q 100 and Ubicar prescribed for?

Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali

Posted on Tue, 27 Oct 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: i have been prescribed ubi Q 100 tablets one per day and also ubicar tablets. what are these for as i did not get a clear answer from my doctor.
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
The prescribed medicines are vitamins with antioxidants.

Detailed Answer:
Hi & Welcome.
I can understand your concern for the role of the prescribed medications.

1. Ubiq Q 100 tablet (Ubidecarenone, Selenium, Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate and Arginine) is a vitamin supplement with anti oxidants given for heart disease, asthma, migraine, chronic fatigue syndrome & male infertility.

2. Ubicar tablet (Ubidecarenone + L-Carnitine) is a combination of vitamin & antioxidant with multiple functions in the body including the spermatogenesis (production of the sperms).

Hope this answers your query.
Best regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 4 hours later
are both the tablets to be taken together or can one take them separately on alternate days
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take them separately

Detailed Answer:
Hi & Welcome back.

Since one of the contents (Ubidecarenone) is found in both the tablets, so take them separately or as advised by your treating physician.

Hope this helps.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T