What are Lisinopril, Pantoprazole and Metoprolol tartrate prescribed for?

Posted on Wed, 17 Jun 2015 in Cancer
Question: My mom has dementia, hypertension, high blood pressure, and constipation. She has a diagnosis for
h-pyloric and is taking several medications: lisinopril at 10 mg for prinivil (1 tablet); pantoprazole at 40 mg for protonix (1 tablet); metoprolol tartrate at 50 mg for lopressor (1 tablet 2xs daily); and melatonin at 3 mg (1 tablet). What are these medications needed for? She lives in XXXXXXX in a home and I live in Los
Angeles. My brother doesn't share this information. She also turns 95 years old tomorrow. Two months
ago she had a blood count of 180/118 for several days and was hospitalized.
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
these are mostly for bp

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Lisinopril and metoprolol are for controlling the blood pressure, melatonin for sleep, which in turn reduces the pressure and pantoprazole is for hyperacidity in stomach. These will prevent her from getting admitted again for high BP.

Hope this answers your query. I will be available for follow up.
Dr. Indranil Ghosh

Oncologist