What antidepressant is safe to take with Trazodone for severe depression?
No drug is safe in combination with trazodone.
Thank you for asking
I read your question and I understand your concern. I am afraid there is no safer combination with trazodone. The safest antidepressant these days is fluoxetine and that too causes increase serotonin levels and prove lethal in some cases.
Name the medication and it has an interaction not safe with trazodone.
If the depression is severe you can increase the dose. In some cases you can take the dose upto 400 mg or even 600 mg in a day.
The wisest and safest approach here would be consulting your psychiatrist and let them make a plan for you which is both safe and effective.
Apart from medications you should consider other approaches for combating depression too like cognitive behavioural therapies and biofeedback therapy etc.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Moderate vs severe depression
- What are the effects of severe depression
- How to handle severe depression
- What is the cure for severe depression and headache
- Severe depression symptoms
- How to cure severe depression
- Severe depression and anxiety symptoms
- Taking nitrous pills for sever depression any thoughts
- What are the treatments for severe depression and anxiety
- Best antidepressants for severe depression