Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

What antibiotic should I take for painful urination with blood?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 126 Questions
i think im having uti for the first time- i had burning sensation at the end of my urination 2 days ago and now i saw some blood on it. i dont have a pcp yet-- i need your help so i can get proper antibiotic prescription
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Tulasi Raman.P 35 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

Yes, your symptoms could be due to UTI. But before you start on any treatment you will have to confirm the diagnosis with urine routine, culture and sensitivity test.

Once the diagnosis is confirmed you would be asked to take antibiotics like Norfloxacin along with Urine alkalizers.

Till then the following should help:
1. Drink plenty of water atleast 3-4 liters per day
2. Maintain local hygiene
3. Treatment of partner if required

I hope my answer has been adequate and informative. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor