What all tests are done during pregnancy when diagnosed with an underactive thyroid?
Three of them you have to do.
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.
You have to go for three of the test T3,T4,TSH to rule underactive thyroid.
Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.
Please let me know if I need to increase thyroid dosage I am currently taking 50. Also the hcg levels look elevated to me is there a possibility of twins. Or does that indicate a singleton pregnancy.? Thanks
Get pelvic ultrasound to rule out ectopic or twin pregnancy
I have gone through your reports and in my opinion your thyroid is fine, no need to increase or decrease the dose of thyronorm.
Your hcg levels are high ,so you have to go for pelvic ultrasound to rule out twins and ectopic pregnancy.
Hope found useful.
Could be due to stretching pain
Sorry for the delay in my response.
I have gone through your reports and as your doctor said it is not ectopic pregnancy, so it is most likely twins pregnancy.
Pain could be due to the stretching pain of uterus.
You can take progesterone after consulting your treating doctor.
You can repeat your ultrasound after 2 weeks and repeat blood beta HCG also.
Hope you found this useful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Blood tests for underactive thyroid
- Metformin and underactive thyroid
- False negative pregnancy test result due to underactive thyroid
- Underactive thyroid after pregnancy
- Underactive thyroid and pregnancy
- Can underactive thyroid prevent pregnancy
- Underactive thyroid and tummy bloating what does this mean
- Tests for underactive thyroid
- Underactive thyroid and high psa test
- Hashimoto's thyroiditis underactive thyroid
- Suggest remedy for severe perimenopausal symptoms
- What does this ultrasound report of uterus indicate?
- Is pregnancy possible through unprotected sex despite having depo shot...
- Is pregnancy possible through unprotected sex during safe period?
- What are the chances of pregnancy through non penetrative sex?
- What does my CUE test report indicate?
- When will menstruation resume post intake of Regesterone?
- What causes burning sensation and tightness in vagina during intercourse?
- Is Creon safe to take during pregnancy?
- Is Meprate the right medicine for late period?