What ailments can be associated with intermittent upper abdominal pain?
Can be bowel ischemia.
Thanks for posting your query.
I carefully read your question and understand your concern.
As you don't have a gallbladder few possibilities are that you may have a stomach ulcer. Due to the irritating of the stomach mucosa directly you can get pain.
Another more rare cause but an important one for you is bowel ischemia. This happens when the bowel arteries are narrow and can not provide the needed amount of blood (it is similar to the heart having ischemia) and cause bowel ischemia.
Take a proton pump inhibitor Omeprazole if not relieved a CT should be done or bowel angiogram.
Hope this answers your query.
Dr. Ramesh Kumar, Gastroenterologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Giardiasis upper abdominal pain
- What causes upper abdominal pain and fever
- What is the treatment for heartburn with upper abdominal pain
- What are the causes for chronic upper abdominal pain
- Mirena upper abdominal pain
- What causes right sided upper abdominal pain
- What is the reason for upper abdominal pain
- Ncp on upper abdominal pain
- What causes upper abdominal pain and rectal bleeding
- Upper abdominal pain