Wha causes sudden inflammation and pain in toe?
Paronychia - an infection in the toe
thanks for your question.
The symptoms you describe are consistent with an infection in the toe. This would most commonly be around the nail bed area.
The treatment for paronychia (an infection around the nail) is sometimes incisiona and drainage if there is a collection of pus or simply antibiotic medication.
I hope this helps answer your question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Toe pain causes
- Big toe joint pain causes
- Toe pain caused by acetazolamide
- Toe pain caused by new boots
- What are the causes for pain and swelling in toes
- Causes for pain and numbness in the fourth toe
- Causes of swollen painful ichy toes
- What causes pain in middle toes
- Toe inflammation causes
- Big toe pain causes