Went for laser hair removal. Is there any thing to make beauty mark darker or stop it from disappearing?

Posted on Wed, 8 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi I went in for laser hair removal and by beauty XXXXXXX may have been lasered, it seems alot lighter it used to be dark brown and now it is a light brown almost a red .... will it continue to dissappear... Im freaking out I love my beauty mark!..... is there any thing i can do to make it darker ? or stop it from disappearing
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 1 hour later
Hello
I would be pleased to answer your question.

If the Laser has touched the pigmented XXXXXXX , there is a chance that the beauty XXXXXXX might have lightened. However , it will not disappear and may become darker over a period of time . That means it will surely regain its color as the Laser used for Hair removal is not effective enough to permanently remove any pigmented XXXXXXX and the pigment grows back in the skin marks.

Thanks and Take care
Follow up: Dr. Pravin Banodkar 14 hours later
Is there any way to darken it back, should I expose it to more sunlight or will it darken by itself?
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 18 hours later
Hello
Thanks for the reply .

No there is no method to darken the beauty XXXXXXX . You should give it its time to retain the color . Do not keep exposing it to sunlight to make it darker as it can result in cancer changes.

Thanks and Take care
Dr. Pravin Banodkar

Dermatologist