Welcome to 'Ask a Doctor'. Please type your qumy estion
No need to take amoxicillin.
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.
First of all I don't understand why the doctor prescribed amoxicillin to a person who is currently taking penicillin.
Both penicillin and amoxicillin are antibiotics of the class b-lactam antibiotics.
They are both sensitive to the same group of bacteria, staphylococcus and streptococcus.
So I think that there is no need to start taking amoxicillin while in penicillin and for more no need to stop penicillin.
So you son can continue to take penicillin and don't take amoxicillin at all.
Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes black outs. I was standing by a door
- Hello, I've been a pack a day smoker for 42
- I received some insect (ant, chigger?) about two weeks ago.
- it seems everytime I try to swallow pork meat my
- My wife has been taken entecavir for 30 days as
- I was recently hospitalized for 6 weeks after overdosing on
- I am in major pain under my right breast/ rib
- Hey doctor, I just had a question I have been
- What could a persistent cough be from along with some
- I began weaning off 50mg of sertraline 3 weeks ago.