Welcome to 'Ask a Doctor'. Please type your question here...Hello

Dr. Ramadevi Wani

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 21 Feb 2019 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: Welcome to 'Ask a Doctor'. Please type your question here...Hello I’m parIs, Im 20 years old today I had
Laparoscopy/ hysteropathy and exploration surgery of uterus and around lower abdomen due to everyday pain since XXXXXXX put in 18 ‘months ago after removal of complete molar preganancy.
Bellow are the gynaecologists notes from the surgery but she couldn’t explain them to me for some reason could you please best explain what they found in the surgery these are her notes:

Sharp adhesiolysis, minimal diathermy to anterior abdo wall for Haemostasis
Diathermy to 1 spot of haemrrhagic lesion in right pseudo-sac
TDS rapid spillage seen
Irrigation and dictation to abodomen
Parts removed under vision
CO2 released
Wounds closed with dermabond
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Details below.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to healthcare magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns today. The meaning of gynecologist’s surgery notes is as below:
The organs in the abdomen i. e. uterus , ovaries omentum and intestines were adherent to one another. They were separated ( adhesiolysis). Any bleeding that occurred on the inside of anterior abdominal wall was controlled with cautery ( diathermy).
They did XXXXXXX test to check for Fallopian tube patency and they were found to be patent. The abdominal cavity was cleaned . All the operating instruments used during laparoscopy were removed in a proper manner and skin was closed.

The adhesiolysis done should reduce your pain.

I hope I have made the notes clear.
Best wishes,
Dr Ramadevi Wani

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj