Welcome to 'Ask a Doctor'. Please type your question here...
I feel like I might have food poisoning is it ok to throw up
Yes it's ok to vomit.
Hello and thanks for asking query on this forum,
Have seen your details.
Food poisioning is characterised by vomiting.Its a natural process by which our body try to throw away bacteria's and todixs.However as a matter of fact a large amount of electrolytes like sodium potassium and chloride is lost along with vomiting.
Therefore I would suggest you to take an anti emetic like zofran 4 mg sos to stop vomiting.
With every vomit take Electral or a glass of oral rehydration solution.
Keep a watch on pulse and blood pressure.If pulse is faster then 100/minute or blood pressure systolic is less then 100 mm of hg follow up in emergency room.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic pancreatitis and recurring ribs pain
- What causes an itchy red rash around the anus?
- Suggest treatment for chronic vomiting when diagnosed with gastroenteritis
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the ribs
- Is Rabeprazole an effective medication for reflux esophagitis?
- What causes excessive burping and abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Suggest natural treatment for severe acid reflux
- What causes black stool?
- What causes intermittent pain after anal fistulotomy?