Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Was with woman who was sticky and unclean. Having sticky arm pits and also groin. Noticed brown discolor. Yeast infection?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
was with a woman who felt sticky and unclean a couple years ago since then i have had sticky arm pits and by the groin even after a shower! and red/brown discolor under arm

is it possible i cought something and what can it be?? std? yeast infection?
Posted Sun, 27 Oct 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No worries for now, see your primary care doctor

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

I understand it really could be disturbing. I am afraid it might be a bit difficult to make conclusive statements, whether she contaminated you or not. If it is the very first time you are experiencing this, it is very possible.

Some parasites and fungal infections could spread through contact with infected people. I would suggest you shave completely around your private areas, get a good and dry bathe. Then book an appointment with your primary care physician.

Your primary care doctor shall examine and make an appropriate diagnosis if it is fungal, parasitic, bacterial or at times, an allergy to something, a dress that you might not be attentive of. In case the condition requires maybe a sample to be scrapped and sent to the laboratory that shall be done.

I am convinced from your description it should not be very serious as yet. I do not think you need to worry much as of now, as I suggest you book an appointment with your primary care physician.

feel free asking follow up questions in case you have specific concerns. Thanks and kind regards as I wish you the best of health.

Bain LE, MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor