Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Was on high risk of gene mutation during pregnancy. Have abdominal pain with a missed period. Pregnant?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1417 Questions
My partner and i had unprotected sex a few weeks ago and now im feeling mild abdominal pain i had this same kind of pain when i was pregnant with my son, daughter and with my last pregnancy that resulted in a miscarriage. Im high risk when pregnant due to a gene mutation that cause blood clots and am wondering should i seek medical assistance immediately or should i just wait till after a missed period
Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 23 minutes later

I would say you need to seek medical attention primarily for the pain at present.Doctor would rule out other causes which can present like this mimicking pregnancy.If any of such cause is found then it would be good to get it treated early.

And if doctor suspects pregnancy or pregnancy related complication in view of previous history then he/she might advice few investigations.Treatment in this cases would be decided after that.

A primary sonography can prove helpful in your case.

Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Was on high risk of gene mutation during pregnancy. Have abdominal pain with a missed period. Pregnant? 3 minutes later
thank you
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 0 minute later
You're welcome.

Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.

Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor