Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Warts on the scrotum. Treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1391 Questions
I have been shaving scrotum for a while I have noticed recently like three times or so after i shave that the places where i nicked a little with electric razor a few days later when it heals it looks like a skin tag, or wart or something really confused on what it could be.
Posted Wed, 11 Jul 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

Lesions you are describing can be warts, skin tags, angiokeratoma,follicullitis.

Also I would like to know ,
a)are they painful?itchy ? do they bleed?
b) elevated or flat?
c)pigmented or skin colored?

Can you upload good quality close up photos of the lesions?
Photos can help in great way in predicting the condition.

Please answer the above questions to help you better.
Anticipating your response.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Warts on the scrotum. Treatment? 7 hours later
there is no pain to them or itchy. If i pick at it, it will bleed.
they are mostly elevated and they are a little darker than my skin.
Last time i got one i scratched it off, it was a little painful but once i got the elevated part off and it stopped bleeding it healed and it didn't come back again. They also can be a lithe rounder and some are elongated but they only show where i have cut myself with electric razor.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 15 hours later
Hi again XXXXXXX

The lesions you are describing can be warts, angiokeratoma,hypertrophic scar etc,

The treatment depends on exact diagnosis.Electrofulgration can treat angiokeratoma and warts.

I could see 1 photo uploaded by you.
It does not appear to be wart.
It can be hypertrophic scar.
Nothing needs to be XXXXXXX in this case except watchful observation.
Try to avoid trauma to the affected area.The lesion will regress on their own.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor