Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Warts on face removed by electrocautery. Scars are remaining. Can I use Bantan cream?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 304 Questions
Hi Doctor,

Three weeks back I got the warts(Seborrheic keratosis) on my face removed by electrocautery. The wounds have healed up completely now, but the scars still remain. Kindly suggest some ointment that can help reduce the scar color and help lighten it. Should I use Banatan cream? Kindly let me know.
Posted Tue, 12 Jun 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 19 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Electrocautery is a semi invasive procedure and is like a controlled burn, where the undesired tissue is burned to get a desirable effect.
Like a burn, when the normal skin comes, it might be light or dark in colour.
In your case, as mentioned, it is dark and hence a mild topical steroidal cream containing desonide or mometasone can be applied under a doctor's guidance and sun avoidance is a must to lighten the area.
This can be done under the supervision of the dermatologist who carried out the procedure.

Dr.Rohit Batra
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor