Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Wart on penis, negative STD, looks like a cauliflower, another underneath scrotum. Can it be warts or a mole?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12679 Questions
Ok i have somethin that looks,like a wart or a raised mole right beside my shaft. I got checked for std in XXXXXXX The results were negative. Not sure how long i had the mole or wart but its been atleast 3 months. My girl got pregnant in nov and her results were negative for everythin they check for once they find out ur pregnant. I dont think it has grown or anything but it does kinda look like cauliflower but i dont think i have any symtoms. Now i notice anothet one underneath my scrotum. Can it be warts or a mole
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query.
What you describe does sound like a possible case of genital warts. Herpes can be diagnosed by viral culture obtained from the fluid from lesion. There are also blood tests that can detect antibodies to the herpes viruses. Your dermatologist will guide you for the investigations.
If this is the case, there are options for treatment. Let me reassure you of that. As far as treatment goes there are several options. Among the these option would be to use a special cream which will help the warts dissolves and go away. In addition there is also a treatment where a doctor can use a small instrument to freeze of the wards. They will then dissolve and go away.
You can consult your dermatologist for confirmation of the diagnosis and further treatment.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor