Warfarin since 10 years,severe itchiness,all other allergy treatments fine,Sintrom medicine
Thanks for your query.
Yes, it is possible that the severe itch can be a side-effect of warfarin. Side effects can develop at any time during the course of treatment. In your son's case after 10 years.
As you have tried all anti-allergy treatments at the dermatologist and have seen no improvements. So the only option left is to stop the drug warfarin.
As your son has a metallic valve this is definitely not an option. So your doctor has changed the drug (warfarin) with a better drug (Sintrom) which has the effects of warfarin but without the side-effect (itch).
Now your son's itching sensation should come down.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cvs sinus and allergy medicine
- Allergy relief medicine
- Best allergy medicine for drainage
- Allergy medicine for skin allergies
- Dust allergy unani medicine
- Good allergy medicine
- Oxy elite with allergy medicine
- Xaria medicine is it allergy medicine
- Warfarin since 10 yearssevere itchinessall other allergy treatments finesintrom medicine
- Nasal allergy medicine