Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Wants to check cholesterol levels. What tests must I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1337 Questions
i want check my cholesterol what can do pls guide me
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Cholesterol
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 5 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

If you are concerned about testing your Cholesterol levels, pay a visit to a qualified symptoms or health issues if any and give a detailed history.

After a thorough physical evaluation your Doctor will recommend you to get your Cholesterol and blood sugars tested as a part of routine health check-up.

If the values are within normal ranges, there is no need for concern but if your test results aren't within desirable ranges, your doctor may recommend more frequent measurements. He/she may also suggest you have more frequent tests if you have a family history of high cholesterol, heart disease or other risk factors, like smoking, diabetes or high blood pressure.

You can also get back to me with the test reports.

Good Luck.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor