Want to treat PCOS through diet and exercise. Is taking Metformin a must in order to help PCOS?
Thanks for the query.
-The feature of polycystic ovarian disease are menstrual irregularities, anovulation, over weight, hyperinsulinemia, insulin resistance, hirsutism etc.
-Though all the features may not be seen in every women, most of the features can be seen in many women.
-In polycystic ovarian disease treatment lifestyle modifications will help to some extent.
-Exercise: a decrease of at least 5% body weight can help in decreasing insulin levels, hirsutism, ache etc.
-Diet: total intake of carbohydrates to be decreased,
Less processed carbohydrates like whole wheet, brown rice, beans etc to be taken,
Manufactured carbohydrates to be replaced with whole grains, fruits, vegetables etc.
Enough amount of protein to be included in diet.
-Stress reduction methods like yoga, group support etc will help.
-Medical treatment along with these lifestyle modifications will give better and quicker results.
Metformin in insulin sensitizing drug which will help in decreasing insulin resistance and increase chances of fertility, better to use with your doctor's advice.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How does metformin help pcos
- How does metformin treat pcos
- Metformin and pcos and infertility
- Should i take clomid or metformin to treat pcos
- Metformin weight loss pcos
- How metformin works for pcos
- Pregnant diagnosed pcos taking metformin bromocriptine solution
- Metformin and pcos
- Metformin pcos side effects
- Metformin and benfotiamine tablets in treating pcos
- EMG report enclosed. Feeling warm hands & face, hematuria, stiffness,...
- Irritable sensation on the tongue. Poor perception of smell and taste....
- Took Ipill a while after period. How long will the affect last? Will it...
- What is the meaning of high eosinophil levels?
- Use multivitamins when stressed and depressed. Why is my face red and...
- Periods not stopping, light flow, cramping, losing weight, tests normal....
- Infrequent Stomach pain, nausea. Had Appendicitis inflammation. Are they...
- Can pomegranate be taken during pregnancy?
- Low platelet count due to Epstein-Barr viral infection. Swollen lymph...
- Egg ruptured, missed period. Taking Krimson35, asked to stop this....