Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Want to increase height. Suggest something which helps to grow?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5762 Questions
I am from India. I am 22 year old n my height is about 5 3" I really want to increase my height. Please suggest me something which can really help me to grow. My email is YYYY@YYYY
Posted Thu, 11 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 4 hours later

Thank you for the query.

Unfortunately I do not have good news for you. You need to know that at your age, bones grow is completed. And nothing can be done with it. Your bones has no ability to become longer. And it means you can not increase your height with any medicine. It is possible to become heavier, but not taller.

There is a surgical method where the surgeon cuts the leg bones and puts special apparatus (it is called Llizarov apparatus). This apparatus keeps the bone broken and allows to make them longer. But this should be used only in case of really short persons. You may discuss with orthopedist about this method.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor