Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Want to fix hernia repair reopened. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2581 Questions
My husband is looking for someone to fix a hernia repair that has reopened. I need some advise on who I can go to in the Duluth Superior Area.
Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Prasad 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Report back to the first surgeon...

Detailed Answer:

As per statistical data, hernia recurrence after surgical repair was fairly common (about 15%) in the past; however with latest techniques of nonabsorbable and stable mesh, reopening/recurrence is a very rare incident. Due to the fact that your old surgeon would have a clear knowledge of the procedure performed, it makes sense to discuss with him/her about most probable reason for recurrence first before you consider visiting a new doctor.

For a new doctor, he can choose a general surgeon with good experience in handling hernia and who is approachable. I have read about positive reviews about Dr. XXXXXXX S Pit. This doctor practices at 400 E 3rd St, Duluth, MN 0000. You may try this doctor after discussing with your primary surgeon.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor