Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Want to do pregnancy test. Please advice which test need to do for the same?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 3015 Questions
Dear Doctor,

I am XXXXXXX XXXXXX wife of XXXXXX I want to do my pregnancy test . Please advice which test i need to do for the same .

Posted Sat, 1 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 2 hours later

Thanks for writing.

I assume you want to confirm your pregnancy because you are overdue (delayed period). There are two types of pregnancy test urine test and blood test.

Urine test can be done at home. You need to have urine pregnancy test kit (available at Medical stores). It is performed with a morning urine sample. Detailed procedure is mentioned on the kit itself.

If your urine test is negative, wait for a week and repeat test.

If your urine test is positive, you should consult a gynecologist for the blood test(HCG titer) and USG (ultrasonography). These are second level confirmation tests for pregnancy.

Hope I have answered your query If you have further questions I will be happy to help you.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor