Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Want to change my sex. Tried medication, not cured. Any other treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 1 Question
I am a male 38 years, weight:95kgs, height 5.11, no-diabetics no-BP. But mindset is more inclined toward being a female. I have tried over the counter harmones previously like permarin and progynova. and discontinued them a year back. Now I started on lynoral 0.05mg from last 20 days. I see hair thinning, mood swings and bloating. My friend also suggested Microgest, but since I didnot find that I go an alternative which is susten 100mg, but yet to start on that. I was adviced to take asprin once in a week. Now since I have started out without a doctors consent I fear there may be adverse reactions. Can you please guide me here.
Posted Thu, 28 Feb 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 15 hours later
Thanks for writing in. I suggest you dont take medications on your own. See an endocrinologist nearby. The medications have some side effects and more than that you require close monitoring and followup. You will also need to be examined. Its not that your desire is wrong. It has to be done in a proper way thats all. Sex change surgery may have to be planned subsequently. So all these things have medicolegal implications. So I suggest you consult an endocrinologist and then start treatment. Lynoral and microgest are hormonal preparations which have to be taken under guidance.
Hope this helps
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Want to change my sex. Tried medication, not cured. Any other treatment? 5 minutes later
I am in bangalore. I want to know which doctor i can speak to with confidentiality. I know revealing this could be embrassing for me. Kindly suggest a endocrinologist who will understand this way of life
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 4 hours later
There is no problem. Any good endocrinologist can help you. You can consult me if you are in Bangalore.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Endocrinologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor