Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Want opinion on high cholesterol levels

Sep 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1416 Questions
Need an opinion on my high cholesterol levels
Posted Tue, 9 Apr 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 1 hour later

Thank you for posting a query.

Look, a high cholesterol level may be found in many conditions including some inherited disease, metabolic abnormality, high dietary intake, diabetes mellitus and many more.

But, whatever the reason is, this increased cholesterol level should be taken seriously. Because, if it is left untreated, it can lead to coronary artery diseases most commonly.

Now, you have to follow some instructions.

1. Do some physical activity. Walk for minimum 30 minutes 3 times a week. Do some freehands.
2. You have to avoid potato, red meat, alcohol. You can take double toned milk. Use any oil containing low fat and cholesterol.
3. You have to take an anti lipid agent like atorvastatin and fenofibrate combination.

You should do an ECG, to rule out any early change.

You should keep following up with your treating doctor regularly.

Hope, this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor