Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

Want medication for tooth pain

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Dentist, Prosthodontics
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 77 Questions
Can you please let me know, which tablet need to be taken to kill the pain.
Posted Tue, 4 Sep 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Ramesh B. Hegde 1 hour later
Thank you for the query. Please note only painkiller may not relieve the tooth pain. The causative factor for the tooth pain needs to be addressed. For tooth pain it is better to visit the dentist get examined regarding the source of tooth pain get the proper prescription of tablets and necessary treatment. Without knowing the history of allergy, medical history it is difficult to prescribe any tablet. However till you XXXXXXX the dentist, if you are NOT ALLERGIC to 'Piroxicam' then you can take Tab.Ugesic 20 Mg. Keep 2 Tab.Ugesic below the tongue, it dissolves on its own, no need to swallow. If Ugesic is not available, then take Tab. Dolonex DT 20 Mg and swallow 2 tablets together. This cannot be treatment, you must visit dentist at the earliest for further treatment. Only once today you can take the tab today. There may be necessary of antibiotics which may be prescribed by tour dentist.

Happy regards,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor