WHat causes redness and burning sensation on penis during urination?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
My penis is red and burns when i pee, can this an std or infection? This happened a 3 days ago. What can this be?
Posted Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Depends upon the sexual activity.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.

This depends upon your sexual activity,
Redness and burning sensation of penis may be due to yeast infection or due to poor consummation of water. If you had sex outside marriage or with unknown contact then there could be a possibility of STD.
Dr.S.Murugan

Follow-up: WHat causes redness and burning sensation on penis during urination? 2 minutes later
I have had sex without a condom. Also i started my new construction job and have been dehdrated. Would myself not being circumsized have anything to do with this? Als Can you rule out any possible std's if any please?o

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Investigations can confirm or rule out STDs

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

Simple tests like a wet smear from the glans penis, urethra and an urine examination may reveal, if there is any infection or not. Further investigations like culture and smear examination for gonorrhea and a blood test for chlamydia can confirm or rule out STDs. Consult a physician and follow his guidance and you will be alright soon.
Dr S.Murugan